Week of 3/27-3/31
Upcoming Important Dates:
- April 3-7: Spring Break
What’s happening in 5th grade?!
- One of our main focuses right now is continuing to develop a positive school climate and demonstrating how to show R.O.A.R inside the classroom and around Beacon Park. Ask your Bengal how they are showing R.O.A.R pride at school!
Our learning this week:
- Learning Target:
- Reading: I can identify and author’s point of view/opinion in a given text.
- Writing: I can write an opinion piece on a given topic supporting a point of view with reasons and information.
- Unit Focus: Author’s Point of View & Opinion
- Learning Target: I can compare & convert customary units of length, capacity and weight to solve real-world problems.
- Unit Focus: Units of Measurement
- Learning Target: I can explain the causes of the American Revolution.
- Unit Focus: American Revolution
- Learning Target: I can describe causes and effects of Severe Weather.
- Unit Focus: Severe Weather